Back to school time is upon us! While your kiddo might be filled with first-day jitters and making sure they look cool for school, teachers are filled with thoughts of “Am I prepared?” To help eliminate these thoughts, we have organized a Back to Books Teacher Celebration to give away supplies to one lucky winner and kick-start the new school year.
A good teacher not only improves a child’s test scores in the classroom but also enhances aspects about your child you didn’t even think about, like gaining confidence around peers. The power of an effective teacher can make school an exciting and interesting place to go everyday. We challenge you to think about back when you were in school and the transformation you might have went through with a teacher that gave you a passion for the subjects that they taught and showed a genuine care for your well-being.
We know how inspiring teachers are as kiddos play with ideas, think deeply about a subject matter, and even potentially pursue careers in a particular field of study. We are giving you an opportunity to show our appreciation. Keep reading to find out how to nominate your favorite teacher!
Back to Books Teacher Celebration Rules:
1. Back to Books Teacher Celebration is only running via Facebook from August 21st to September 4th.
2. User must create original Facebook post on his or her personal page and tag NightLight (@nightlightpediatrics) OR comment on NightLight’s original post or social ad.
Post must include:
- Teacher Nominee Name
- Tag Teacher’s Nominee Handle (if teacher has a social media presence)
3. User must nominate someone other than him or herself.
4. One nomination per user.
5. One nominated teacher will be chosen at random to receive classroom supplies.
6. Users will be required to provide the full name and contact information of the teacher they nominated if their teacher wins
7. If winning teacher does not respond within 48 hours, a new teacher will be selected at random.
8. Only the winning nominated teacher will receive the supplies, not the user.
9. The prize includes: bookmarks, books, magnet, sanitizing wipes, how to wash your hands guides, rulers, etc.
Winner will be announced through social media platforms after Winning Teacher has been notified. NightLight will travel to Winning Teacher’s school and supplies are handed off to winner directly by NightLight during a FB live or a recorded video later posted on social media.
We leave you with this quote from Maya Angelou:
“This is the value of the teacher, who looks at a face and says there’s something behind that and I want to reach that person, I want to influence that person, I want to encourage that person, I want to enrich, I want to call out that person who is behind that face, behind that color, behind that language, behind that tradition, behind that culture. I believe you can do it. I know what was done for me.”